Wednesday 22 April 2015

Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon: My Reading List (EN)

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This


I had only faint idea about my plans for the forthcoming weekend - 25th-26th April 2015 - until I opened the Paperback Castles blog looking forward to read the current 'Themed Tuesday' topic. And there it was: Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon.

As I later found out Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon is an international reading challenge with only few rules: read for 24 hours and share your progress and ideas using social networks or your own blog (if you do have one). You can read whatever book and wherever you like. You don't even need to read whole 24 hours but you are free to chose your own pace and schedule. You can find more about Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon here. You can still sign-up but you have to hurry to make it before April 25th!
First, I was fairly reluctant to take part. However, gradually the idea crept into my mind and I started to be really excited about it. It was like choosing a last minute holiday. I had to arrange several things pretty fast: prepare my still 'under construction' blog to be seen and also, the most important thing, to pack my reading list suitcase for 24 hours in a land of imagination. And although I packed myself very fast, I think I packed very well.
And here are the contents of my reading luggage:

On the Track:
1.) I will start with Broken Wings by Kahlil Gibran, the book I've been looking forward to for a long time.





I will continue with whichever book I'll prefer from the list below:

2.) Lullabies by Lang Leav




3.) Pride & Prejudice (Jane Austen: Marvel Adaptations) by Nancy Butler and Hugo Petrus.

4.) The Pearl by John Steinbeck. This great book I was also looking forward to read has arrived just on time and I am so glad to be able to include it into my Read-a-thon reading list.





Reading Rest Area:
5.) My 'reading breaks' will be filled with selection of poems by one of the greatest Slovak poets and lyricists Kamil Peteraj. I love his texts and poems and this book is moreover full of masterful illustrations by Martin Augustín. Another great fusion of literary and visual arts.


Emergency (Level 2):
6.) In case of an emergency (in case I will run out of books to read before 24 hours will pass) I packed also The River by Rumer Godden.
Emergency (Level 1):
Grab something from my bookcase.

My final reading list looks like this.


Although I don't plan to stay up all night reading (this is just a first try to take part in this kind of reading challenge), I am really excited and I am looking forward to this great adventure I am going to share with other bookworms from around the world. This is going to be the very first time I will be running my own blog and posting live updates here and track my reading progress on my Goodreads profile at the same time. Yay! :)

The starting gun will go off on Saturday 25/4 at 2:00 PM in Slovakia. So wish me luck! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment