Saturday 23 April 2016

DEWEY’S 24-HOUR READ-A-THON: SPRING EDITION 2016 (EN)

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This
Since I've been pretty busy for the last few days and hours, here finally comes my last minute blog post of my TBR list for this year's spring edition of the Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon.


14:00 - I grabbed Desmond Dinan's Ever Closer Union and got absorbed by building of foreign policy of the EU = my favourite field of study.

16:12 - Just finished the chapter on Internal and External Security of Ever Closer Union by Desmond Dinan. Time for a short break.

17:14 - publishing photos of my brand new additional bookcase. I love white bookcase, it compliments all beautiful books so much.






17:45 - social media updated. Takes so long. Continuing with The Steel Flea by Nikolay Leskov.

20:27 - just finished The Steel Flea by Nikolay Leskov. It is a wonderful short tale about Russian nature praising human inventiveness and craftsmanship more than perfection. I should definitely purchase Leskov's book The Enchanted Wanderer and Other Stories.

21:35 - starting The Love of a Good Woman by Alice Munro. I had to add Slovak translation on Goodreads first. I enjoy being virtual librarian :)

0:30 - page 67 of The Love of a Good Woman and time for Lindt chocolate... Yum :)

1:20 - just finished the first short story of The Love of a Good Woman by Alice Munro. I've been planning to read a book by Munro, the 2015 Nobel Prize winner for quite a time and now I read the first short story in Slovak translation. Peculiar writing style... I am curious about the next couple of short stories.
Though, now it seems like a perfect time for some academic literature ;)

3:45 - went to take a short nap.

7:30 - postponing my alarm clock until deciding that 7:30 am is the right time for breakfast and another few pages of Jolyon Howorth, to be able to eventually grab Harry Potter! :)

10:46 - done with Howorth and academic literature for now and starting Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.


14:00 - ended Read-a-thon on page 56 of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I love Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon. It is such a great excuse to make time to read all the books you want :)




No comments:

Post a Comment