Saturday 29 April 2017

DEWEY’S 24-HOUR READ-A-THON: SPRING EDITION 2017 (EN)

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This
14:00 - I've decided to start my Read-a-thon in French, with Révolution by French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron, on page 119.


15:53 - just finished another chapter of Mr. Macron's book (left on page 135). I spent almost two hours of reading in French, savoring French words (éclatante - striking, obvious, became immediately one of my favorites) and writing down new words. Now, I am going to prepare myself some fruit. Then I am going to continue the read-a-thon with Adichie's Americanah.

16:28 - my next read and treat: bowl of grapes and mango, and Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Continuing on page 198.


21:35 - I've just passed the middle of Americanah and I am leaving it for now on page 251. Today, in the morning I began to consider reading Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. It's been sitting on my shelf for several months and after tense last weeks and all those non-fiction I read recently, I just feel like it would be great to get lost in a fantasy world for a while. And if it is as good as Goodreads reviews say, I hope it will keep me up until late at night.


0:19 - I've just finished Chapter 3 of Shadow and Bone (page 48) and I am going to read on.

8:00 - I fell asleep at 1:30, on page 64 of Shadow and Bone. But now I am up and running ;) and I can hardly wait to read it on until the end of the read-a-thon.


12:25 - sprinting through the Shadow and Bone. Now on page 160.

14:00 - ending read-a-thon on page 186 of Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I kind of hoped that I would be able to make it during the read-a-thon. Though, I hope that I will be able to finish it until the end of this prolonged weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment